Find out how you can do lead generation and bring in traffic to your website. Learn about the most effective traffic sources.
Lead generation on the Internet means bringing in targeted traffic to your website. The fact is, this is one of the most important things you should be doing. And the reality is, you can be sure that any successful website on the Internet that does good business is spending a lot of time and effort in trying to bring in those qualified leads. However, if you are trying to do this, it is essential that you know what the lead generation sources are.
Here Are Some of the Most Important Lead Generation Sources
- The search engines: The most popular search engines such as Google and Yahoo are always very important because according to statistics, a high percentage of new websites are found through keyword searches in these places. But the problem is, for almost every niche, the competition to get ranked in the search engine is steep. And it is also a fact that only those websites that are ranked in the first couple of pages will get traffic. The others are simply lost in the jungle. So you need search engine optimization to rank well at the search engines for your keywords.
- PPC campaigns: You can run PPC or Pay Per Click campaigns at Google Adwords and Yahoo Search Marketing. These are popular lead generation sources because they can give you immediate traffic. All you have to do is just, select the keywords, write your advertisements, decide on the position of your advertisement, the cost per click for each keyword, geo-target the advertisements and activate the campaign for your daily budget. Since in PPC you have to pay the search engine for each click, such campaigns can often become quite costly if you have a big daily budget. So such campaigns need to be closely monitored. You will remove the remove the non-performing keywords and modify the ad copy to find out what is working best for you. By spending more however, you can be more successfully in lead generation.
- Forums: Online forums can help you generate leads as well. Find a couple of forums in your niche and become a member by signing up. Once done, you can start posting useful comments. Try to solve a problem for someone, offer good advice from your experience and you could soon be seen as an expert. With people regarding you as an expert in the niche, you can be sure that many of them would visit your website.
- Social networking: Social networking websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Ibibo, StumbleUpon, MySpace, Technorati, del.icio.us and Digg have become very popular in recent times. There are many others too. You could market your offering from your profile page, and invite others to become your friends. The friends of your friends might also visit your profile page and subsequently your website.
- Blog marketing: Start a blog on what you are offering. Make new posts 2 to 3 times in a week and your blog would be regularly spidered by the search engine robots. If your blog is interesting, you could receive many visitors. Send outgoing links from the blog to your website and many of them would land up at the website. You could also post comments on other blogs with a link that comes back to you. Not only will you get a back link, but you could also generate traffic to the website or blog too.
PS! Mike Dillard has developed a true gem in Magnetic Sponsoring, where he shows you how to generate an endless stream of leads to any MLM business. Please read more about the Magnetic Sponsoring by clicking HERE.
To your success, and make sure to go out there and and start the lead generation for your business right now – whatever it might be!